No. A 38 North analysis of satellite images taken May 7 showed that several support buildings outside the northern, western and southern portals had been razed while some mining cart rails had been removed.
Then, between 23 and 25 May, a ceremony will be held in which " tunnels will be flown from test field and ir entrances will be completely blocked", according to North Korean Foreign Ministry.
North Korea on Tuesday threatened to cancel the planned June 12 summit in Singapore between President Trump and dictator Kim Jong-un over ongoing South Korea and U.S. military drills, according to a new report.
A number of buildings have been demolished at North Korea's nuclear test site, according to satellite photos made public on Monday, providing proof for the first time that work is underway to dismantle the site.
The meeting between Kim and Moon Jae-in paved the way for talks between the North Korean leader and US President Trump.
While both the US and South Korea welcomed the move, Japan struck a discordant note.
But days later, the South China Morning Post newspaper reported that the facility had collapsed, threatening an "unprecedented risk" of radioactive fallout.
From the North's eastern city of Wonsan, they will move near the test site by train and will return home after the event via charter flight either on May 26 or May 27, according to the ministry.More news: Pilot gets 'sucked halfway out' of cockpit when windshield shatters
Pompeo, speaking on CBS News' "Face the Nation" on Sunday said that the regime will benefit from private investment, not assistance from usa taxpayers, in exchange for abandoning its nuclear weapon program. Kim has not specified whether the CTBTO will be invited to verify the closure of the nuclear test site.
Yonhap says North Korea's Korean Central News Agency reported that Wednesday's meeting was canceled and that Pyongyang was questioning whether next month's summit between North Korea's Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump can also take place as planned.
Army colonel Rob Manning said this current exercise is part of the United States and South Korea's "routine, annual training program to maintain a foundation of military readiness".
Kim Jong-un pledged to close the complex after his historic meeting with South Korean president Moon Jae-in. North Korea is said to be "seriously reviewing" it said.
The North's official KCNA news agency said the exercises between the U.S. and the South were a "provocation".
Future detonations - most likely to test warhead miniaturization - might only require a simple straight tunnel with one right angle at the end, he said.
Back in March, when South Korea's national security adviser told reporters at the White House that Kim had invited Trump to meet, he also said that Kim "understands that the routine joint military exercises between the Republic of Korea and the United States must continue".